Saturday, April 23, 2011

Its been a minute hasn't it! What a crazy week! But today made it all worth it! We have been teaching a man and today he was baptized! It was so amazing and the spirit there was sooo strong! I absolutely love being a missionary and helping others receive the joy, peace, and love that comes with following our Savior through baptism and keeping the commandments.
A few days ago I read in Mosiah 27. I've probably already said this but I lOvE Mosiah! In verse 9 it doesn't really have anything to do with what I wanted to share but I thought it was interesting; It says that dissension gives "a chance for the enemy of God to exercise his power over them" (us). It is soooo true 3 Nephi 11:29. Alright back to the topic; Mosiah's sons are desires to go and share the gospel with their brethren the Lamanites and those around them. In verse 36 it says "And thus they were instruments in the hands of God in bringing many to the knowledge of the truth, yea, to the knowledge of their Redeemer." This is what I want to be, an instrument in the hands of the Lord. I want to be someone who (not only as a missionary but forever) brings the knowledge of truth and the knowledge of our Reedeemer to many! In Mosiah 28:3 it says "Now they were desirous that salvation should be declared to every creature, for they could not abear that any human bsoul should cperish; yea, even the very thoughts that any soul should endure dendless torment did cause them to quake and etremble." As a missionary my love for others has greatly increased and I want what is best for them. It breaks my heart every time someone chooses not to accept the Gospel or listen to what we have to share. But I am far from the sons of Mosiah's desires. I love my brethren but I still need to strengthen that love and start sharing what I know with EVERYONE I come in contact with. Some times I think we are a little to casual with the knowledge we have. We don't understand the impact and Eternal outcome it has on us and others.
I love being a missionary and one day as I strive to do so now, I will be as the sons of Mosiah and declare salvation to EVERY creature!

No comments:

Post a Comment