Wednesday, April 6, 2011

How Strong is Your Faith?

Oh if only we all had the faith of Enos! He hears the voice of the Lord and is fogiven of all of his sins. When he asks the Lord how it is made possible the Lord says: "aBecause of thy bfaith in Christ, whom thou hast never before heard nor seen...thy faith hath made thee cwhole" (vs. 8). His faith in Christ causes him to have great love for his brethren and he desires for their welfare-even those who are his enemies. He wants to please the Lord and he "knows". Do I know?
Every time I read this chapter is always think 'how strong is my faith?' Is it sufficiently and continually strong enough that I too have the promise given to Enos by the Lord? -"Whatsoever thing ye shall ask in faith, believing that ye shall receive in the name of Christ, ye shall receive it" (vs. 15).
We should each, each day strive to increase and strengthen our faith in our Savior Jesus Christ and our loving Father in Heaven. As we do so we too like Enos will "rejoice in the day when [our] cmortal shall put on dimmortality, and [we] shall stand before him; then shall [we] see his face with pleasure, and he will say unto [us]: Come unto me, ye blessed, there is a place prepared for you in the emansions of my Father" (vs. 27).
I love the scriptures! I especially love the Book of Mormon. I love the testimonies which fill its pages and I love the great examples we can learn from and the lessons that are taught. I love my Father in Heaven and am so grateful for the many things he puts in each of our lives to show His love for each of us. I know He loves me. I know He loves you.

No comments:

Post a Comment